NATIONAL CADETS CORPS (NCC)
The National Cadets Corps is the youth wing of arm forces with it’s headquarter at New Delhi, India. It is open to school and colleges students on voluntary basis. National Cadets Corps tri-services organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Wing, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The Cadets are given a basic military training in small arms and parades.
AIMS OF NCC
1) To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership secular outlook, spirit of adventure and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
2) To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all works of life and always available for the service of the nation.
3) To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed forces.
OBJECTIVE OF THE NCC
1) Reach out the maximum youth through various institutions.
2) Make NCC as an important part of society
3) Teach positive thinking and attitude to the youths.
4) Become a main source of NCC by making NCC as one of the greatest cohesive force of our nation irrespective of any castes, creed, religion or region.
5) Mould the youth of the entire country into a united, secular and discipline citizen of the nation.
6) Provide an ideal platform for the youth to showcase their potential in nation building.
7) Instill spirit of secularism and united India by organizing National integration Camps all over the country
8) Reach out to the youths of friendly foreign countries through Youth Ex-change Programmes (YEP).
NCC IN ARMY PUBLIC SCHOOL, SUKNA
In Army Public School, Sukna we have NCC for both girls and boys and GIRLS NCC is under 4 BENGAL GIRLS BN which comes under SIKKIM AND DARJEELING DIRECTORATE. There are two wings in girls NCC:- 1)JUNIOR WINGS and 2) SENIOR WINGS. TOTAL NO. OF GIRLS CADETS IN JW are 50 and TOTAL NO. OF GIRLS CADETS IN SW are 55
ONLINE CLASSES FOR NCCIn this period of COVID-19, which is declared as a global pandemic, our teachers, parents and students have to remain at home to prevent its spread in the community. In this situation, it is our responsibility to provide them with multiple alternative ways of learning at home through interesting activities. It is necessary because in the present environment of stress we have to not only keep our children busy but also to maintain continuity of their learning in their new classes. In this context, NCC has developed an alternative calendar for the schools and colleges. We are also following online classes through different ways:-
1) We are organizing videos in the different topics of NCC. We have organized International Yoga Day through videos and different pictures/poses of yoga.
2) Students and NCC Staffs are given full fledged training regarding COVID-19 pandemic and many more topics related to health and hygiene through DIKSHA APP.
3) NCC are organizing BLACKBOARD LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM that provides with the online classroom.
ACCORDING TO BLACKBOARD LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMDifferent course activities which includes:-
1) Participating in discussions.
2) Taking quizzes or tests.
3) Reading articles and lecture notes.
4) Recording videos and providing assignments related to NCC and its syllabus.
5) Participating presentations.
6) Exploring web resources.Mrs. Kamala Pradhan
PRT AND ANO OF NCC(JW)